Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Flashcarts/Multicarts for the Tomy Pyuuta/Tutor

Ever wanted to play the complete Tomy Tutor/Pyuuta game library?
It's possible now, with these flash-/multicarts!

16kb/8kb Multicart

This multicart can play all available 8kb and 16kb games. It includes 28 games, which are easily selectable by dip-switch.

8kb/16kb Multicartridges

The full game-list and DIP-settings can get seen/downloaded here.



3D Multicart

The game-library of the Tomy Tutor/Pyuuta included three 32kb games or "3D games" like they are called most times.
This multicart includes all three 32kb games and it even includes the extremely well homebrew game Pitfall.
The 32kb Multicart comes inside an Sega Megadrive cartridgeshell, which fits perfectly inside the Tomy Tutor/Pyuuta.

3D Multicart

As the Tutor/Pyuuta only had the addresslines for 16kb on the "normal" cartridge-slot, you needed a "Game-Adaptor" to play these 32kb cartridges on these consoles. This adapter plugs into back-socket of the console.

3D Multicart inside the official Game-Adaptor

Game-Adaptor

As these adapters are pretty rare today and even if you get one they are very expensive, i also reversed this adapter and rebuilt it in my own design.

Game-Adaptor, needed for all 3D game cartridges and the 3D Multicart

Game-Adaptor inside the backport of the Pyuuta
3D Multicart inside the Game-Adaptor

this design is way smaller as the original adapter and because of the twisted sockets it takes nearly no additional space beside the console itself.


You can watch two reviews of these cartridges and all games here:






Prices:
8kb/16kb Multicart: 38EUR
32kb Multicart: 44EUR
Game-Adapter: 15EUR

Shipping Worldwide: 16EUR


Use the contact form below, if you want one...



6 comments:

  1. Oooooo how exciting! I have 3 tutors and this is most excellent! I just found out about you via the Japanese computer users group on Facebook, and I’m pretty sure I need these things in my life! How do we proceed??

    ReplyDelete
  2. please contact me with the "Contact Form" on the first page (at the end of the page).
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. the "Contact Form" is only visible in the WEB VERSION of this blog. it is invisible at the MOBILE VERSION.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a chance to test my 3D cart, multicart, and adapter. Interestingly, I can play the games just fine without the adapter on my American Tomy Tutor. I can also play the cartridges using the adapter. Is the adapter strictly necessary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is on mine. I cannot play Baseball without the adapter.

      Delete
    2. It would highly surprise me, if you can play 32kb games (3D Cart) on the Main-Cartridge-Slot of the Tutor.
      I can only play the 3D Cart over the Adapter on the backside.

      The other Cartridge (8kb/16kb) is of course playable without the adapter!

      Delete